How Is the Lawyer’s Role in Litigation Changing?
- posted: Oct. 01, 2020
Current statistics show that the trend for attorneys to resolve issues through trial is on the wane. Clients, attorneys and courts often favor alternative dispute resolution over litigation. Stockton mediation lawyers can save you time, expense and often reach more optimal outcomes than for clients than they can obtain by battling it out in court.
In 1995, the U.S. Department of Justice reported that three out of four tort cases settled out of court. In 2006, the U.S. Courts stated that mediation was the most popular form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for federal district courts. Adversarial trials are falling away, replaced by ADR such as mediation for many different reasons, including the following:
- Courts struggling with heavy caseloads
- Judiciary encouragement of ADR under the ADR Act of 1998
- Legal cost savings for ADR participants
- Legal cost savings for judicial systems
- Faster resolutions
- More amicable outcomes
- More advantageous for maintaining business relationships
- Ability to reach tailored and comprehensive agreements
- More control over the outcome
- Tendency for greater cooperation in future disputes
Many courts now offer mediation programs and the judiciary in general welcomes mediation as an alternative to litigation because it lightens their caseloads.
Stockton, CA mediation lawyers can provide high quality services to resolve many different types of civil disputes.
Based on decades of experience, Quinn & Kronlund, LLC, helps clients resolve complex civil matters, primarily through the use of mediation and arbitration.